3.13.2010

What's In A Room?

A bedroom is one of the most common and most beloved places of the house. You go there to sleep read, hang out, talk and contemplate. Or maybe that's just me; I don't know. But I've always believed that your bedroom should be a place you enjoy being in. A pretty place, a haven of rest and relaxation. My room is such. Bright and sunny, relaxing and beautiful. When we moved into this house 8 years ago, Pa and Mama gave Brianna and I linens and we decorated the whole room around it.

Why are you writing about your room? You may be asking. Well, I just had a sleepover-my first ever. All of us kids went to a friend of Emma's. She's kind of an adopted sister. Anyway, After spending a night away from home, and staying up way too late, I was grateful to see my own room. I crawled into bed and just thought "Ahhh, that's wonderful.". Simple, yes, but heartily felt.

Instead of just saying how cheerful my room is, here are some pictures for you to judge for yourself.

Here is the border and paint detail:


Here is the quilt side and dust ruffle detail:


Here is the top detail of the quilt:


And the pillows and shams:

And lastly, the valence:



So... What do you think?

5 comments:

Nonexistant anymore said...

Nice room. Not perfectly my style but very nice, pretty, and comfortable looking. :)

My room is about 10x12', has two twin beds, two dressers, a rocking chair, a nightstand, a desk and a closet in it all of which are completely filled and covered with stuff, so we really don't have a spare foot. :) (If you're wondering why we have all that suff, it's because we need most of it to hold our schoolbooks and clothes, and there wasn't anywhere else for the rocking chair to go.) Because of the natural clutter, I can't add any decorations because then it'd be closterphobic. The room was originally our baby room, so rather than keep the nursery curtains, we took them down and now have only a shade; all the furniture is painted the same color though. Despite the fact that my bedroom looks anything but cozy and pretty, I actually do love it. I do almost all of my schoolwork in there and often bring our two toddlers (one of whom we just babysit) in there to play for hours on my sister's bed. It's remarkable how much fun one can have in such a small area. :)

Näna said...

Well, I kinda like it *wink, wink*;)

Anonymous said...

Dear KK,
I think your room is fresh and lovely. I also think if is nicely arranged...as seen in your mother’s home video.
♥Hope

Unknown said...

So cute! I LOVE ladybugs!

Kat said...

I still can here the delight in your alls voices when you found those quilts for your new room!