8.21.2010

Inspiration

Many people find inspiration from multiple different sources- other people, nature, reading, music, etc.
My leading inspiration is flowers. Yep, you heard right. Flowers.

Always fascinating, flowers are wonders of God's Creation! Have you ever studied the flower? I mean, REALLY studied it (outside of your high-school biology textbook ;} )? These beautiful and useful plants, were put on earth by God merely for our enjoyment! For that I am grateful.

When reading a book last summer, I became interested in the Victorian meanings of flowers. It was very important in society, that you present the right flowers at the right time. For instance, when you've been invited to someone's house, you would present something like Ivy, Crocus or Pyramidal Bell Flower, in the intent of blessing with friendship, happiness and gratitude. A young man would never give a lady a phlox on their first meeting! (which means, "our souls are united").

As you can see, it was vital that you gave the right flowers at the right time...isn't that a lovely idea?

Here are some pictures I made to present to you, some flowers and their sentiments:

























Please drop me a comment and tell me which was your favorite.
More to come!
Love,
KK

No comments: