1.20.2011

"I'm In a New York State of Mind"

For the first time I got to see the New York City!

Pa's office arranged a bus to take employees and spouses/ older children to New York City!
Seeing this city has always been one of my dreams.


Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood:
my first view of the Big Apple!!!!


hop a flight to Miami Beach, or to Hollywood.


check out the size of these buildings

I'm taking a greyhound on the Hudson River Line-

I know it's from Newark, but it's still a Yellow Cab!


I'm in a New York state of mind.

My bus partner and me


I've seen all the movie stars, in their fancy cars, and their limousines.

Our "tour guide" Jeff


Been high in the Rockies under the evergreens.

Nana and I wait to see the Christmas Spectacular

I know what I'm needin' and I don't want to waste more time. 


the famed music hall's sign


I'm in a New York state of mind.


Sitting in the Radio City Music Hall, in the New York city, I cried, I actually did.


It was so easy living day-by-day.


this bus, actually can only drive back and forth -
 the driver drives the bus off stage, then carries his
 seat to the other end of the bus,
 to make it look as though he'd turned around!


Out of touch, with the rythym and the blues.


a camel from the live nativity, while we were on the backstage tour these have to live backstage instead of in the downstairs prop storage with the donkey's and sheep- they are too big for the elevator!!


But now I need a little, give and take.

Miss Laurel, a Rockette!!, gave us a backstage tour.


The New York Times, the Daily News.

Here is how those fabulous dancers keep in step...color-coded tape on the floor!


It comes down to reality, and it's fine with me, 'cause I've let it slide.

Here's for you , Ellie! BLING! In fact, the final number of the Christmas spectacular  "Shine", really does shine!
The costumes are made each one COVERED in Swarvorski crystals.
Now that's a lot of sparkle!

Don't care if it's China-town or on Riverside.


Nana in the Godiva store. CHOCOLATE!!

Don't have any reasons, I left them all behind.

the tree at Rockerfellar Center

I'm in a New York state of mind.

Dinner at Macy's...yes the place is ENORMOUS!!!!!!
There are 9 floors with lots to do "but mostly shopping, shopping, shopping..." (SNC fans will get this...)
Anyway, 9 floors and we barely covered 2...

For more info...read Mama's post and Nana's post.

1 comment:

Näna said...

So...when are we doing it again:D