8.04.2009

One Thing I Did This Week Was... Week 6

The one thing I did this week is i finished the summer reading program at my library. My total on books was 20 and my total reading time was 30 hours and 55 minutes. That might give you an idea of how much I love reading! Another thing I did this week was stay alone at home with the kids overnight. My parents went on a much needed weekend away. They left Sat. afternoon and came home Sun. afternoon. We had a blast! don't feel bad, Mom! we still missed you! Being the oldest, I was pretty worried when Mom brought up the possibilities of fire, major injury, asthmatic attack, and major allergic reactions, and how to deal with each one. Pa joking about burglars and keeping his Red Ryder BB gun by the front door, didn't help. All night I lay listening to people's breathing, and any creaking noises the house made. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard water running and everyone was in bed! Don't be silly Kaitlin. I kept telling myself over and over, and over and over and over! After I realized the noise was the water softener going through its nightly cycle, I checked the time before going to sleep. 4:58AM! Well, I did fall asleep pretty soon after, and boy must I have been out! the next morning, Brianna informed me she had caught Sam (4 yrs. old) sleepwalking and crying, taken him to the bathroom and put him back in bed. I didn't hear a thing! I woke up at 9 Sunday Morning. As I pulled my hair up in a clip (a morning habit of mine), I began to walk upstairs to make breakfast. I noted that everyone was asleep. Sam was nice and snug up against Brianna, and all was right in the world. (Have you noticed how everything seems scary by night and silly by morning?) But I hadn't taken more than 2 steps when Sam sits bolt upright and says ,no kidding now, at the top of his lungs,"WHERE ARE YOU GOING, KK!" I cringed, but the only person who moved was Brianna, who had apparently been awake for a while. They must have all had a night as bad as mine! In spite of a slight headache undoubtedly caused by lack of sleep, the rest of the day went beautifully! We ate breakfast, did our chores and got ourselves ready for the day. Since I don't drive, we had "church at home" . We sang hymns we all knew, memorized a verse together and Than even gave a sermon! We planned a surprise welcome home party for Pa and Mama. And we planned a skit to perform for them some other time. Altogether, we had a wonderful time of fun and family you know, SBT: Sibling Bonding Time! Plus we got great practise for when Mom goes to Italy in November!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Very fun. I am so grateful that you all enjoyed your time. The fact that all the kids had a blast is a testimony to your kindness and dedication to them. And that is a blessing to your parents. You shall make a very good mama some day, my Princess.

Love,

Mama

Anonymous said...

Wow!
This was entertaining to read, Kitti Kat. Your parents are blessed to be able to go away and know everything will be taken care of.
I tagged you for
5 Things I Love About Summer
See you!
♥Hope

Diann said...

Ahhh ... My baby sitting days are over. No longer will I have a ready excuse to come camp out with my nieces and nephews for several days. Sounds like you had a great time :)