8.19.2009

One thing I did this week was...

This past week was not a usual one. We ran around like mad! This week is really a relief. Our schedule for this week looks something like this:
  1. wake up, get ready for the day, chores, breakfast.
  2. clean up from breakfast
  3. get in the pool
  4. lunch by the pool
  5. pool
  6. nap
  7. snack by the pool
  8. pool
  9. dinner by the pool
  10. pool
  11. bed Wow, Exhausting!;)

However, last week was different. If you don't mind though, I'm going to skip over everything else and zoom in on the one part that I'll write about here. The Talent Show.

This year's summer reading program was themed BE CREATIVE AT YOUR LIBRARY. As you probably found out, anything that requires creativity and fun is right up my alley, so to speak.

I was really excited when I learned that the finale party was to be a talent show! Now, my family loves music. I mean really LOVES music. Since the time we learned to speak, we've been singing!

A few years ago, when the boys were all really little, we did a talent show for a local nursing home. We performed two songs from one of my favorite plays, the Fantasticks. We practised hard, and the songs were a big hit. And we were hooked. After that, family skits and songs became a habit. We perform a nativitiy every year. Whenever we have a family get-together, Mom expects a song or two. But in all our grease-paint years, those first two songs, Plant a Radish and Never Say No, have always stuck. And if we haven't prepared or have to give a spontaneous, demanded performance, we alway for back on those two. And we always love it.

So, when we heard of the library's talent show, there was no doubt whatsoever in our minds as to what to do. Brianna and I each prepared a piano solo (the library, literally a 20x20 room in the comunity building, would provide a keyboard). And we prepared a duet. Sure, we played our songs on the keyboard, but the real fun was the songs. In fact, we had the audience chuckling throughout.

And that is one thing I did this week!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hey, Miss Linda sent me a note today. She was pleased with your performance and requested pictures.

Love,

Mama

Anonymous said...

Kitti Kat,

It is great that you all like to sing so much. I bet you were wonderful.

When you said that you mother always expects a song or two at family gatherings, it made me think of us growing up. My father also always had us singing…at rest homes, churches, weddings…everywhere…for people we even had never met. But it was really my brother Tom who made it all work. Tom was good with music and harmonizing. He would teach different parts to us girls, but really I stuck with the melody because everyone else usually wanted to learn the harmony…someone has to sing the melody. :)

♥Hope

Kat said...

Everyone expects a song, because you are so entertaining!

Oh, I guess I am a little biased, eh?

Love,

Mama