9.07.2009

One thing I did this week was... LAST WEEK!

One thing I did this week was sorted through old pictures and found an old TIN-TYPE! Here is a picture of it. And a closer view of her face and bodice. This tin-type we guessed to be from around 1850. We also had to guess at who it was. Our educated deductions lead us to believe that this is my Great-Great-Grandmother, Anna Beatrice O'Brian, after marriage, she tagged on her husband's name, Leonard. Isn't she so beautiful? I love studying my family's heritage! It's just so facinating to learn about all the history. Who did what, who married who, who gave birth to who, and my favorite, so, how are they related to us? :) I'll try to post more old pictures as I come to them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely and impressive! How many people have such an old photo of a relative?
♥Hope

Näna said...

It was so cool finding this old photo! They must have been very rich to be able to afford a TIN TYPE!!!
Nana

Unknown said...

This picture is so cool!

Kat said...

Not rich. Actually they were very poor. If you knew some of the things they ate... because that was all they had. And yet my great grandfather was known to never turn a bum or hobo away from his door before giving him a meal. We have so much today and can not boast such generosity in our society. How sad is that?

That was a very fun project to do with Pop Pop. Now we just have to get them all in albums.

Love,

Mama