9.02.2009

What do they think?

I've thought about this... do the actors of Narnia really get what they are representing? I like the way Lucie Manette put it in this post: Read it here!

In comment to her post, did they realize that all reigning equally under Aslan pictures when we will all rule equally under Christ in the Millennial reign. Also, we as children of God are royalty-after all He is the King of kings and LORD of lords!

Furthermore, did they realize that each of them represent a different kind of Christian Life?

Peter The Magnificent represents the victorious christian.

Susan the Gentle represents the sometimes doubtful, always"safe" one who falls away in time of trouble or doubt.

Edmund the Just represents the one who was forgiven much and so loves much, and is always after faithful.
Lucy the Valiant represents (As Lucie pointed out) the ever faithful one with childlike faith, the faith we all are to have and so many times fail so utterly.

Lastly, did the director, Andrew Adamson, realize all he was telling them to do? He so vibrantly captures so much and yet is CLUELESS!

Sad, but true...

4 comments:

Näna said...

I told Lu this and I'll tell you too. This is something I think about all the time. And not just the actors. The people who watch the movies too!
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitti Kat,

When my sisters and I were your ages, we did the same thing as you do…Nana being Peter and such. We used names from A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett at times and other times we had names from Little Women.

The story of Sara Crewe in A Little Princess is sweet, but of course we edited out the parts about karma when reading aloud.

The book we had was illustrated by Tasha Tudor; I love her drawings. Have you seen her illustrations?

I also wonder about actors/actresses who play spiritual parts and don’t seem have any understanding of the parts they play so well.

♥Hope

Kaitlin said...

I LOVE a Little Princess! I have a lovely version, but I don't know who illustrated it. Brianna gave it to me years ago! Emma just recently read it for the first time. Have you seen Shirley Temple's movie version? Even though I adore Miss Temple, I didn't really like the changes made to the story. I'm glad to see you're feeling Better!
Love,
Kaitlin

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kitti Kat, I have seen a couple of versions of A Little Princess, including the one with Shirley Temple, and I feel that none of them have captured the beauty of the book.

The pictures I posted for Sara Crewe on

Tag! Your It! Tuesday (Thursday)
are illustrations by Tasha Tudor .

♥Hope