4.24.2010

Sneakers

I'm thinking of a song. Written by Sandra Boynton and Michal Ford called Sneakers. Supposedly sung by a bear. Here is the chorus:

"My old sneakers are friends of mine-
You can't trust any shoes that shine!
Some shoes pinch you, some shoes squeak:
The only shoes
that I would choose
Are shoes that sneak!"

Why am I writing this? Well, I'm glad you asked!

I don't like to get rid of stuff- yep, I'm a pack rat. So I've got these sneakers-keds, if you will, that were bought about 3 years ago.  They're...well...something all right.

The song puts it best. Here's verse one-
"Wow, Look at these guys!
There's a toe that is worn, 
And the laces are torn
So I've added a section of string.
I'm not really sure
What color they were,
Now they're a little of everything!"



Verse 2:

"They'll try to get you to use
Uncomfortable shoes
When you have to look nice and neat.
But most of the time,
You'll notice that I'm
Keeping these sneakers on my feet!"

"My old sneakers are friends of mine-
You can't trust any shoes that shine!
Some shoes pinch you, some shoes squeak:
The only shoes
that I would choose
Are shoes that sneak!"

So there you have it, folks...

EPILOGUE: I did finally break down and trash them this Spring. ;(

6 comments:

Karlee Kay said...

Haha, I've never heard that song! :P Good post...it made me laugh! :)
Love,
-Karlee

Anonymous said...

Hello Kaitlin,

This is an amusing little post.

I know what you mean; I too tend to keep comfortable shoes past their lifespan. I owned and loved
a pair of wonderful Italian made brown leather flat casual shoes for nearly ten years and got rid of them, one day, only because of a moment of determined organization overcame me.

Hugs,
♥Auntie Hope

Näna said...

*sniff* I'm with you girl! I have to trow mine away too! *breaks down crying*

Unknown said...

Isn't that a hilarious song!

Too bad about your shoes :/......:) I keep EVERYTHING, until Mama or Leia makes me get rid of it :P

Kat said...

Goodbye, sneakers. How sad to see you go.

Baker Bunny said...

:D Ahahahaha! That's so funny, kittikat! You sure took good care of those sneakers. Mine would probably look a lot more torn up than that. :P Buh-bye sneakers! *O.o is that a real song? Hehe. I'm sorry I don't comment much on your posts. :/ I really appreciate it when you comment on mine! :] I'll try to come by and visit more often. By the way... we bought some baby quail! I posted some pictures of them on my blog~ :D