12.09.2010

Just Another Day?

Ever feel like this?



Or this?

"I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; 
and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit."
-Ecclesiastes 1:14



Anne, in Anne of Green Gables once said:

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"



And though I don't care much for Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind, but she did have something to say on this particular topic:

Tomorrow is another day. 


There is an old gospel song that also speaks of tomorrow:

I don’t know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don’t borrow from it’s sunshine,
For it’s skies may turn to gray.
I don’t worry o’er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I’ll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow,
I don’t seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
Lastly, remember what David wrote in Psalm 118:24:
"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments: