12.04.2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Christmas is my favorite holiday, hands down. The tree lights, baking cookies, advent candles, Hanukkah, the radio playing carols, watching Christmas movies, candles, finding just the perfect gift for everyone on my list, wrapping presents, decorating the house, inside and out. In fact, Brianna and I decided we wanted to put lights on the roof this year. Pa said he would let us, as long as we did the actual hanging of the lights. We agreed, and Pa has ordered 500 lights for us to deck out the roof with!!

Hanukkah is a very much overlooked holiday in Christian circles. Many Christian, I believe, fail to realize that we worship the Jewish Messiah. Jesus was a Jew, born of a Jewish mother. He would have been raised memorizing the Torah, or books of Moses (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). It was during the Hanukkah celebration that Christ proclaimed "I AM the Light of the World".

No comments: