9.03.2010

Graduation!

**This post has been written over the actual time periods named, minus the 17th's entry and the pictures.**


April 30, 2010
The date, July 17th has been set for my graduation. I have completed the first draft of my speech and begun to practice the song for my performance. Titled "My Tribute" this is a great song! Like Mama said, the words are perfect to the occasion.

Here are the lyrics:

My Tribute

by Andre Crouch

Verse 1
How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me,
Things so undeserved,
Yet You gave to prove Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be,
I owe it all to Thee.

Chorus
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power He has raised me,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.

Verse 2
Just let me live my life,
Let it be pleasing, Lord, to Thee,
And if I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power He has raised me,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.


May , 2010

The invitations have come, the class ring is ordered...it's beginning to feel like Christmas around here. Mama and Nana are sneaking all around the house...
invitation





First week of June:

All the invites have been sent!!
My ring has arrived and it's a beauty!

The top states: Soli Deo Gloria: to God alone the glory


left shank:


right shank:



I know I've always been a sucker for jewelry but: I LOVE it!!


First week of June, continued:

I am informed I am to write and deliver a speech. I feel as Alice from the "Dilbert" comics does:




Yep, that just about sums it up!


First week of July:
Favors are made!! Memorabilia table is planned and items are gathered.

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010:
Programs are printed, church is cleaned and tags are printed for favors. Speech practice. ;}


July, 10th: Seven days to go!!
We are getting down to the nitty-gritty here!! Went grocery shopping for the few dishes we're making. When we get home, we find a package on the porch: my diploma frame has arrived! 

SO EXCITED!!!!!!


July 10th:
today Mama went to the doctor. Baby Gussie has gone ahead with Jesus.
Here he/she is:

courtesy of by-the-way-designs


Friday, July 16th.



 We pick up balloons and head to the church to decorate! Mama is so wonderful, in that she refuses to let, what I believe, is the hardest thing that ever happened to her, dampen the spirit of the party! What a great mother God gave me. I haven't practiced my song all week...so when we arrived at church I sat to the piano to practice. I got through the introduction before I completely broke down. While playing, the thought struck me that I hadn't played this song since Gussie's passing. The idea that perhaps, this was God's way of helping me praise Him in the hard times, came to mind, and suddenly,  I could play the song, and it sounded right.

Only one more day to wait...

July 17th: TODAY IS THE DAY!!

I am awakened at 6 AM, so as to start the festivities off bright and early. I am led, by Pa, outside to have breakfast poolside. But, wait...what's that?

That, my dear, would be 6 of my siblings, in their pj's standing ready, water balloons in hand!!


It was a lovely breakfast, after which, Emma and Nana presented me with my first gift...a dell net book! Have I mentioned what wonderful sisters I have?

Then, on a more solemn note, Pa and Mama have the official signing.


which, to tell the truth would not look very solemn to any passerby. 9 people in their pajamas, 5 of which have wet finger-and-toe nails, and a lot of dirty dishes, on a glass picnic table, poolside. Actually, it must have been quite comical...;}

Dear Mrs. Schmidt, a wonderful photographer, took some class photos of me in and out of gown, back in June.




A mixture of grief and excitement, despair and hope, both penetrate  the air today...
So much has been lost, and so much gained...
So much to mourn and so much to celebrate.
On a lighter note, we had fun snapping some last minute pictures before we left for the church.




At the church, Nana took command. I wish I had a picture of Nana looking sharp in her striped suit...but hey, we can't have everything...;}

So, here are pictures before the ceremony:

The adorable "ushers and program distributors"

Aedan

Samuel

The Memorabilia table


This post is very, very long. And blogger is giving me trouble with more pictures.

So, I will put more into another post to post immediately after this one... ;}
~KK

1 comment:

Karlee Kay said...

Oh, Kaitlyn!
I haven't been to your blog in so long, I apologize for that. Since my laptop crashed I've been using my mom's and I couldn't find the link to your blog. Beautiful post! I love your ring! The pictures of you are beautiful! Your mom is a wonderful lady. That's so awesome. And you do have wonderful sisters, too(:
Have a great day!
Love,
Karlee