9.18.2010

A Moment Of Reflection...

When we are on vacation, Mom likes to set up posts scheduled to publish while we're gone. 
Since she didn't have time to do that this year, she asked me (as well as some others) to guest-post for her. 


This post was originally written mid-last-year and was the 2nd half of a really LONG post. However, I edited/refurbished it, and here is the updated version!


*****


The other day I was sitting on mom's deck. 



And I was looking up at the huge trees around our home.



 My thoughts went to Noah's ark.



 I closed my eyes and tried to picture my whole yard under miles of water. 



The hills we sled down every year being carved by particles of dirt being stirred up by torrents of rain and massive waves, flooding, hypercanes (REALLY BIG hurricanes), and even mudslides afterward. 

I thought of all the trees in my yard that wouldn't have even been there and if they had, they would have been torn up by the aforementioned vicious hydraulics
 (if you don't know what it means, look it up- you might learn something{boy do I sound like I was home schooled or what!?}).


 Try doing this some time in your yard, if you never have before. 
Not only do you once again stand in awe of God's might power, judgement, and mercy toward Noah, you'll wow at the power of water. 


Think of the Grand canyon!



 I've heard Christian science teachers (Young Earth Creationists, such as Kent Hovind, and Ken Ham ) who teach that this gigantic canyon was carved by flood waters in about 20-30 minutes! (Watch Kent Hovind's Scientific Creationism Seminar video 6, available here.)

 WOW! Our God is Awesome!

(inspiring awe or admiration or wonder)








Psalm 19:1 
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork."

2 comments:

Karlee Kay said...

Cool post! I love that verse.
Hope you had a great vacation!
Karlee Kay(:

Kat said...

Awesome is our God!