9.12.2010

Let us take a stroll about the grounds...

Taking pictures is a favorite pastime of mine. Mostly what I like to photograph are faces and nature.

You've already seen some of my favorite faces. Here are some flowers, grass and trees from our garden.

We'll begin with a plaque I painted for Mom's herb garden:



And here is the biggest tree in our yard, not counting the woods. I stood with my back against the trunk and pointed the camera straight up. This tree is a tulip poplar.

 And you can see it in comparison with the maple next to it. The maple is in the foreground.

Our flowering ornamental cherry is a favorite when it blooms in mid-April.




 Does anyone know what flower this is? I don't remember and we threw away the tag :{

The dogwood tree


A tulip...an inside view.



Hyacinth



Azlaea



Plain old-fashioned grass...done up new.



Lilac... and heirloom plant. When my paternal grandmother was young, her mother died, and she went to live with her Aunt Edith. Aunt Edith became a second mother to her, and taught her everything there is to know about lilacs. This was a part of Aunt Edith's original.

Grape arbor + evening lighting = lovely!


Honey suckle


here is the "anchor" of the garden: the pink redbud.




here is a neat shot. I was trying to get a close up of the delicate flowers, but couldn't find the right setting...


A REALLY CLOSE close-up of a pansy, or heart's ear.


Here is another.



Narcissus! Including:
daffodil...


jonquil...



I can't remember what this is called but it is in the narcissus family.




Ah, the beauty of God's creation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kitti Kat!

I love this post! I took the same sort of photos of all the flowers around our yard on spring. It is a great pastime…taking photos…such fun with a digital camera. I love lilac – one of the loveliest fragrant flowers. Thanks for the tour.

♥Auntie Hope

Kat said...

How blessed we are to live in such a wondrous place. God is good to us!