7.05.2009

Simply Summer!

Summer is simple. I think that's what i like best about it. It's the dog days of summer that i love. Lazy afternoons, sleepy evening and holiday picnics, family getting together, and having my friends in for movies, games, or to play badmiton. Life doesn't have to be complicated. Mom has always taught me that. Life can be simple and that's okay. You don't have to rush up down left right forward reverse upide down, right side up. Sometimes it's best to just lay on a hillside and see if you can find shapes in the clouds. A favorite pastime of mine is storytelling. When Emma's friend, Grace, comes over to spend the night, I tell stories, late into the night. Bible, grimm's, the Arabian Nights, Hans' Christian Andersson or other classics. Sometimes i make them up myself. A favorite among the kids is Grimm's the Truthful Fairy, sometimes called The 13 Doors. It's a great story for teaching the importance of truth and the consequences of lying. Oh! another great source of sories is The Story Girl by L.M.Montgomery the author of Anne of Green Gables. In case you were wondering this book isn't just for girls. In fact the narative is from a boy's, Beverly's, point of view. (It make great summer reading!) If you look along my side bar, I made a list of my favorite books for summer or anytime. I've labelled them with reccomended minimum age. I encourage you to check them out @ your local library. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Näna said...

That is probibley what I like best about summer too!

Kat said...

Lovely post...and yes, that is what makes summer so super special...long, slow, lazy days...and being together.