7.16.2009

The Vocabulary of a 6-year-old

...is not what you'd expect!
My brother Aedan is only 6, and he shares my love of words.
In fact, he consistently uses the words 'various', 'consumed', 'expect', and 'reply'.
He actually named the kid's bathroom the "Bathroom of Various Noises"!
(Which proves he's observant, too!)
Aedan loves to dance even more than he does words.
He gets his arms waving and his legs flying and his torso twisting.
I've been trying to share my little bit of what I remember from my earlier dancing days, but he's not shown much interest in anything but freestyle!
His absolute favorite song to dance to, is Sandra Boynton's "Philadelphia Chickens".
If your looking for some silly songs for car trips with the kids, but you're sick of veggie tale and Wee sing cassettes, try one or all of Sandra Boynton's 4 Cd's.
They make great listening for kids and parents, and you'll all be laughing at her great musical imagination. Try visiting her "official" fan website. You'll crack up!
just for fun, I'll put up one of Ms. Boynton's cute drawings up now.
If you're interested, I thought I'd set up a fun blog day, like "Not Me Mondays", "Works for Me Wednesdays", or "True Story Tuesday". But mine would be "Fab Family Friday". And here's how it would work. every Friday, you would pick a member of your family. then, nothing fancy here, you would make a list of words that describe that person. Rules? Well, the words, "nice" and "fun" aren't allowed. otherwise, have a blast! If you like this idea, please leave a comment.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I think this is a great post and a super idea. I still don't get updates on my dashboard when your update your site. Could you tell me when you post anew so that I can check it out???

Love,

Your proud Mama

Näna said...

Hey good idea. Mabey I'll start next week. If you want, I'll show you how to put up a MckLinky.

Anonymous said...

Fab Family Friday sounds like fun…I mean sounds delightful!
I will try to join you this Friday.

However, in all fairness, if you are going to ban my favorite words “nice” and “fun”, I think you should also ban “cool” unless used to describe temperature. :)

♥Hope

Kaitlin said...

Miss Hope,
I, ahem, totally:) agree! cool, fun, and, nice, I'm sorry that they're your favorite words, and I would normally allow them, except for that they tend to be terribly overused!
Love,
Kaitlin

Unknown said...

Your little brother sounds just like my little brother!! He says a lot of words that surprise me! But he LOVES to dance!! He can dance just like Michael Jackson!! lol! :P