7.14.2009

To get away from it all...

I've just noticed something. I use many ellipsis's. Is that proper plural for an ellipsis? I tend to leave sentences unfinished... ;) But really what this post is about is getting away from it all in the great outdoors. Camp was not what I expected it to be. I mean, I knew it would be fun, but what actually came was more than I expected. Which is always a lovely surprise! Even though I was on every, committee in the camp Wachter society (or so I thought) there were quite a few things I didn't know about until I read through the schedule Friday morning! My favorite part of camp, was the making of bows and arrows (read my last post for more on this). But even more than that, I loved the time we spent away from the hustle and bustle of our busy bee lifestyle, so common in this world, and just focused on family, God and His Creation. Our yard has many trees. In fact, about 2/3 rd's of our 2-acre property is woods. And we have dug up rocks in our yard the size of a cantaloupe-mostly white quartz, which is a lovely stone rough or cut. Our soil is mostly reddish-brown clay and stains EVERYTHING. We have grass that comes up late, but stays green in the hot, dry months. And we have extensive gardens. Not like a Georgia estate in the 1800's, but extensive for our little rancher home. (to see these gardens see mom's blog or you can just click here: http://artschilipepper.blogspot.com/2009/07/week-11-of-52.html#comments) wow that's long!... Now, what I was saying was that the other day I was sitting on mom's deck. And I was looking up at the huge trees around our home. My thoughts went to Noah's ark. I closed my eyes and tried to picture my whole yard under miles of water. The hills we sled down every year being carved by particles of dirt being stirred up by torrents of rain and massive waves, flooding, and even mudslides afterward. i thought of all the trees in my yard that wouldn't have even been there and if they had, they would have been torn up by the aforementioned vicious hydraulics (if you don't know look it up- you might learn something{boy do I sound like I was home schooled or what!?}). Try doing this some time in your yard, if you never have before. Not only do you once again stand in awe of God's might power, judgement, and mercy toward Noah, you'll wow at the power of water. think of the Grand canyon! I've heard Christian science teachers (Young Earth Creationists, such as Kent Hovind) who teach that the Gigantic canyon was carved by flood waters in about 20-30 minutes! (Watch Kent Hovind's Scientific Creationism Seminar video 6) WOW! Our God is Awesome!(try looking this one up,too, it's fascinating!)

4 comments:

Näna said...

More on that on video #6...
Talk me later and I'll show you how to condence a hyper-linkk to 1 word.
Nana

Kat said...

Good post, KK. It is amazing what God will bring to our hearts when we are just still and take time to KNOW THAT HE IS GOD! I am grateful that you have takent the time to learn this things and see HIS wonder and come to believe these things for yourself. It will take you farther than all that book learning you've spent the last 12 years learning...and with HIM as your guide you will go farther than you can ever imagine! Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh yes…you DO sound like a home schooled writer, Praise God!

Do you like writing? It seems that you do. I enjoyed reading this.

♥Hope

Kaitlin said...

Dear Miss Hope,
Let's just say writing isn't my strong point;)!
I'd much rather write poems. But I do like this kind of writing. But I shy away from essays as much as possble. I'm so glad you enjoy reading, miss Hope.
Love, KK