7.06.2009

Week 1 for me...2 of the challenge

Berries, berries, berries!!!
If you've never read the children's book (published by Rod and Staff) titled, Berries, berries, berries, than I would highly recommend it! To day reminded me of that particular book as we picked blueberries on a local farm. we picked nearly 20 lbs of the biggest roundest juiciest blue berries I've ever tasted! they're just coming ripe this week, and next, and the 3' high bushes were absolutely loaded with fruits. Our own blueberry bushes are just getting a few. Most of them are yet green, but a few are slowly changing colour.
Those who were old enough to pick enjoyed doing so.
But Ellie, who is only 1 yr. old, had a different idea of how to spend her time...
Needless to say she very much enjoyed her quick snack. Until she tipped Mom's bucket quite accidentally on the grass! We were able to save most of them. Tonight we had the most scrumptious blueberry crumble. If I can find the recipe, I try to post it tomorrow. it was fairly easy to make. And baking is always a fun family project in our home. Just a little of what I did this week...

5 comments:

Kat said...

Blueberries are best...Thank you God for Blueberries!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting me to your blog!

Ellie is just TOO cute!
It is fun to pick berries with a large group; the picking goes so fast!

I LOVE your blog, Little Girlie. Every thing about it is so sweet.

I also like Audrey Hepburn and would just love to be so elegant; I am really quite the country bumpkin…even though I do not live in the country.

I want to come back and read ALL you post. I hope my Elizabeth will see this and be encouraged to write more. She can be very good when she sets her mind to it. Elizabeth is my most creative child and is always coming up with new ways to amaze me.

I love you family. It is delightful to come and “visit” you.

See you!

♥Hope

Anonymous said...

Did I post my comment?

Kaitlin said...

dear miss hope,
what a beautiful name- and how encouraging to have a name to remind you what to do every day!
your post did publish, but i have my blog set up in such a way, that i need to approve every comment that comes in befor it becomes public. thanks for reading!
kitti

Anonymous said...

Dear Kitti,

Yes, I understand completely. Thank you!

♥Hope