11.12.2009

Report: Day 3 of Operation: Survive While Mom's Away

Alright. We are halfway done day four and need report to Mama about what's happened here at Fort Wachter. (You blogger friends are just along for the ride :} ) Mama, Pa said since he wasn't here, but rather in VA for day 3, that I would have to write about it. I must say... it was the first time I'd been commanded to blog :].
We all devoured your note before even eating our breakfast and little faces lit up in the excitement of new stickers! Note the too-cute expression on Ellie's face... she loved hers, too.
Here is everyone with their daily countdown til you come home bags:
(Brianna figured out how to use the self timer on my camera)
Today we had a day of fun and no more than the typical chaos. Ellie wasn't quite sure what to make of a full day without either parent... but she was alright when she saw Poppop! She liked her apple for breakfast,
and was excited to have her twizzler of the day from her candy-countdown-til-momma-comes-home-bag.
After breakfast and circle time, we had playtime. Due to rain outside, we held it downstairs. Brianna lead with football drills and our modified "death crawl".
Nathaniel: Quarterback
(I accidentally rotated this picture the wrong way-doesn't it look like he's walking up the wall?)
Line-Backer Aedan
Emma, Kicker/defencive linewoman (is that a real word?)
The Team
Ellie found amusement during afternoon school time and before the boys were awake...

under the ever-watchful eye of Nana of course!! Nana, not my sister, but the one dubbed "Mrs. Poppop", by Pa, came over about 2 o'clock to help, bearing salad, oreos, and apple cider. The kids show off their school awards to Nana.

Ellie liked the oreos. We limited everyone to 3.

"KK, more yummmm pleeeeeese, please!!"

The roses Pa gave you last Thursday are blooming beautifully!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Thank you for this delightful update. Check the setting on your camera to see if it will clear up that blur. Good job on figuring out the timer. I can hardly believe you ate OREOS! I guess 3 a piece isn't too bad:) Gee, the death crawl! Are the boys being that naughty??? Brianna is one tough commander, huh? It was good of Pop Pop and Nana to stop and help you out for the evening. May God bless family!

I love you my daughter and appreciate you being such good helpers to your Pa and taking time out of your very busy schedule to post about your day for me.

Hugs,

Mama

Sande said...

I feel like I'm butting in on precious family time here ...

... although I wanted to tell you what a cheerful blog you have ... my eldest girl we call 'princess' too and she looovvvees cats. She is also the eldest of lots of kids and is amazingly helpful when we need a surrogate momma and pa as you must be.

Your baby sister is adorable. We have three 'blue ones' at the bottom end of our family. Most are wanting me to have twin girls to even up the girl verses boy score.

Näna said...

Well written. That was a pretty good day, wasn't it?